You can create custom fields to track any item or folder related details. Adding a custom field is possible only on the Desktop version of Sortly.
Note: Sortly Free plan users can up to 1 custom field, Sortly Advanced plan users can add up to 10 custom fields and Ultra customers can add unlimited custom fields.
This article details the types of custom fields. To add a custom field, please review this article.
Sortly users can currently create up to 12 different types of custom fields -
1. Small text box (190 character limit): Alphanumeric (eg. Customer ID, Product SKU etc).
2. Large large box (4000 character limit): Alphanumeric (eg. Status updates, instructions, notes, details). The content within this field is not searchable within the app.
3. Number field (rounded): Number without decimals. (eg. quantity, count, etc.)
4. Number field (with decimal points): Number with decimal points (eg. Price, measurements like volume, area, length, etc.)
5. Checkbox: To highlight status. Can be selected or deselected. (eg. damaged, repaired, lent, sold)
6. (NEW) Dropdown: Add up to 20 options in the dropdown list
7. Date & time selector: Select Date & Time (eg. Sold Date, Expiry Date, Purchase date, etc.). With this custom field, you will also be able to add date-based reminder alerts. Please see this article for more information on adding these alerts.
8. Scanner: Scan and associate 1D and 2D barcodes
9. Weblink: Add a link to a website
10. Phone Number: Add a phone number
11. Email: Add an email
12. File Attachment: Attach word, excel, or PDF files to your items or folders. Please note, this custom field is only available to Sortly Ultra users.