You can create custom fields to track any item or folder related details. Adding a custom field is possible only on the Desktop version of Sortly.
Note: Sortly Free plan users can up to 1 custom field, Sortly Advanced plan users can add up to 10 custom fields, and Ultra & Enterprise customers can add unlimited custom fields.
This article details the types of custom fields. To add a custom field, please review this article.
Sortly users can currently create up to 12 different types of custom fields -
1. Small text box (190 character limit): Alphanumeric (eg. Customer ID, Product SKU, etc).
2. Large large box (4000 character limit): Alphanumeric (eg. Status updates, instructions, notes, details). The content within this field is not searchable within the app.
3. Number field (rounded): Number without decimals. (eg. quantity, count, etc.)
4. Number field (with decimal points): Number with decimal points (eg. Price, measurements like volume, area, length, etc.)
5. Checkbox: To highlight status. Can be selected or deselected. (eg. damaged, repaired, lent, sold)
6. (NEW) Dropdown: Add up to 20 options in the dropdown list
7. Date & time selector: Select Date & Time (eg. Sold Date, Expiry Date, Purchase date, etc.). With this custom field, you will also be able to add date-based reminder alerts. Please see this article for more information on adding these alerts.
8. Scanner: Scan and associate 1D and 2D barcodes
9. Weblink: Add a link to a website
10. Phone Number: Add a phone number
11. Email: Add an email
12. File Attachment: Attach word, excel, or PDF files to your items or folders. Please note, this custom field is only available to Sortly Ultra users.