Advanced search is an extremely useful for users looking to get better visibility and greater insights into their inventory.
It enables users to look for items across their inventory by filtering them down using details like - Folder location, Sortly ID, Tags, Price, Quantity as well as any custom field they have created in the system
With the Advanced Search feature users can:
- Search for specific items matching a set of defined criteria
- Create lists of items based on certain conditions
- Export those results into PDF or CSV documents
Advanced search is currently only available on the desktop version of Sortly.
Please see the screenshots below to learn how to search, filter and export your inventory using Advanced Search
1. To get to the advanced search, you will need to click on the search tab seen in the image below. You can also access this tab via this link: https://app.sortly.com/advanced-search.
2. Select multiple filters and click "apply filter"
(Options include - Folders, Name, Quantity, Min Level, Price, SID, and Custom Fields among others.
3. To change how items are sorted, you can use the "Sort By" function seen here:
4. To export a report/list - You will first need to select an item. At the top left corner of the item you will see a check box seen here:
5. Select the item, and you will see the "Bulk Actions" banner become available seen here:
6. From here, you will be able to select multiple items at one time using the select tool seen here:
7. Once you have all the items selected that you wish to export, you can click on the export option seen here:
Follow the on screen instructions to export your data into a Excel/CSV, PDF, or Dropbox format.