Generate beautiful QR labels that are connected to any of your items in Sortly in a few clicks. They can be created in a variety of sizes with different attributes available to include depending on the size you select.
Sortly generated QR labels can be printed on widely available off-the-shelf self-adhesive (Avery) labels using most standard printers.
Note: Creating custom QR labels is only possible with Sortly Advanced and Ultra Plans. The Sortly Free plan does not support the creation of custom QR labels.
- Generate QR Labels on the Web
- Generate QR Labels on the Mobile App
- Reprinting Existing QR Codes
- Video Walkthrough
Generate QR Labels on the Web
- Select single or multiple items/folders and then tap on the Generate Label button:
- Once you click on Create Label, you will be taken to the steps where you pick the paper, size, and attributes included on your label.
- Select paper size Note: Sortly will recommend the correct Avery label sheets based on your selections for paper size and label size. You can purchase the blank (pre-cut) label sticker sheet through Amazon by clicking on the link (if needed).
- Select label size
- Select any item details you want to include You are able to include notes, price, tags, and total value, or a custom field you've created. At this time, you can only select one of these attributes to print on the QR label.
- If your label type and size support it, you will have the option to add a photo to your QR label
- If your label type and size support it, you will have the option to include your company logo or an icon on your label
- You can add custom notes to the label you are printing which exists independently of the item details already on the item
- Once you've selected your attributes to include, please click Next
- Then, select your Printing Options
Label quantity: Print multiples of the same labels
Label start position: If you have a partially used sheet of labels, select where you'd like printing to begin to reduce label waste.
Printing Instructions: Check whether you'd like to have a sheet with label instructions generated within the PDF.
Send copy to email: We recommend having a copy of the PDF you generate sent to your email for future printing needs.
Lastly, click Create Label and a PDF of your labels will be created and downloaded so that you can print the QR labels on your standard printer based on the attributes you've selected.
Generate QR Labels on the Mobile App
- Select an item or multiple items to begin the process. In this example, we will show how to print a label for just one item.
- To Select an Item, click on the three dots to the right of the item
- To Select Multiple Items, long press one item and then select more items by clicking on them.
- Once clicked, you will see a screen with options and you should choose Create Labels
- On the next screen, you'll be able to select and choose the following:
- QR Label type or Barcode Label type (Ultra Plan only)
- Paper Size
- Label Size
- Click Next and you will be able to include Additional Item Details and/or a Logo or Icon as long as the label size supports it. You are able to include notes, price, tags, and total value, or a custom field you've created. At this time, you can only select one of these attributes to print on the QR label.
- Then, select your Printing Options
- Label quantity: Print multiples of the same labels
- Label start position: If you have a partially used sheet of labels, select where you'd like printing to begin to reduce label waste.
- Printing Instructions: Check whether you'd like to have a sheet with label instructions generated within the PDF.
- Send copy to email: We recommend having a copy of the PDF you generate sent to your email for future printing needs.
- Click Generate. You will be given the option to Open PDF or Check your email for the PDF.
Note: Only printers that support AirPrint will work on mobile for iOS devices.
Reprinting Existing QR Codes
When reprinting existing QR codes, the label itself will not change (meaning the QR code), but you can adjust the label's size and information and even add custom notes to the label.
To reprint a QR code, follow the same steps you would to create the label.
Need waterproof or high durability labels? - If you require specialized material labels or asset tags, we recommend you order them with our partners at Camcode. After creating your labels, you can connect those labels to Sortly by following these steps.