If you are a Sortly Ultra or Enterprise user, you can generate beautiful barcode labels that can be connected to any of your items in Sortly.
If you are not a Sortly Ultra or Enterprise user but would like to upgrade to take advantage of this feature, please click here.
Please note: If you are printing barcodes, you must do so from a laser or label printer. You can find recommended laser printers here, although this is not an exhaustive list.
- Generate Barcode Labels on the Web
- Generate Barcode Labels on the Mobile App
- Reprinting Existing Barcodes
- Video Walkthrough
Generate Barcode Labels on the Web
- Select single or multiple items/folders and then tap on the Generate Label button:
- Once you indicate you want to "Create Label," you will be taken to the steps where you pick the paper size and label size.
- Select Paper Size. Sortly will recommend the correct Avery label sheets based on your selections for paper size and label size. You can purchase the blank (pre-cut) label sticker sheet through Amazon by clicking on the link (if needed).
- Select Label Size. For printing barcodes on standard laser printers, you will only be able to print in the medium or small label size. Unlike QR code generation for printers, you will not be able to include additional item details, item photos, company logo, or additional notes with your barcodes.
- Once you've selected your paper size and label size, please click Next.
- Then, select your Printing Options:
Label quantity: Print multiples of the same labels
Label start position: If you have a partially used sheet of labels, select where you'd like printing to begin to reduce label waste.
Printing Instructions: Check whether you'd like to have a sheet with label instructions generated within the PDF.
Send copy to email: We recommend having a copy of the PDF you generate sent to your email for future printing needs.
Click Create Label and a PDF of your labels will be downloaded. You will then open the PDF and print out the labels onto Avery paper using your standard printer or label printer.
Generate Barcode Labels on the Mobile App
- Select an item or multiple items to begin the process. In this example, we will show how to print a label for just one item.
- To Select an Item, click on the three dots to the right of the item
- To Select Multiple Items, long press one item and then select more items by clicking on them.
- Once clicked, you will see a screen with options and you should choose Create Labels
- On the next screen, you'll be able to select and choose the following:
- QR Label type or Barcode Label type (Ultra and Enterprise Plans only)
- Paper Size
- Then, select your Printing Options
- Label quantity: Print multiples of the same labels
- Label start position: If you have a partially used sheet of labels, select where you'd like printing to begin to reduce label waste.
- Printing Instructions: Check whether you'd like to have a sheet with label instructions generated within the PDF.
- Send copy to email: We recommend having a copy of the PDF you generate sent to your email for future printing needs.
- Click Generate. You will be given the option to Open PDF or Check your email for the PDF.
Note: Only printers that support AirPrint will work on mobile for iOS devices.
Reprinting Existing Barcodes
When reprinting existing Barcodes, the label itself will not change (meaning the Barcode), but you can adjust the label's size and information and even add custom notes to the label.
To reprint a barcode, follow the same steps you would to create the label.
Need waterproof or high durability labels? - If you require specialized material labels or asset tags, we recommend you order them with our partners at Camcode. After creating your labels, you can connect those labels to Sortly by following these steps.