With Sortly, you can now print individual labels for QR codes with single label printers/thermal printers. Below will provide steps on how to create the label within Sortly as well as tips to configure your printer.
- Single label printing is only available for the "medium" QR label size
- Printing is only available in black and white
- Only DYMO Labelwriter 450 Series supported
- Please ensure you are using DYMO Label Type (SKU: 30857).
- Actual label size 2 ¼” x 4”
GENERATING A QR LABEL IN SORTLY
You can print a QR label from a folder, item, or group of items within Sortly by selecting "Create Label." In order to have the option to print a single/thermal QR label, you will need to select "QR Label" as the Label type, "Label Printer" as the Paper size, and "Medium" as the Label size.
You will see a dynamic preview on the right side of the screen that shows you a label preview and provides the compatible DYMO label versions.
Selecting additional custom options for your label
With a single/thermal labels, you will not be able to include a photo or custom notes.
With single/thermal labels, you will be able to include item details or your company logo or icon.
Once you have selected the options you want to include, you can click "NEXT." If the options you selected to not meet the criteria for printing, the "NEXT" button will not be clickable.
Select from the printing options on the next page
Label quantity: Print multiples of the same labels
Printing Instructions: Check whether you'd like to have a sheet with label instructions generate within the PDF.
Send copy to email: We recommend having a copy of the PDF you generate sent to your email for future printing needs.
Step 10: Click "Generate Labels" and a PDF of your labels will be created and downloaded so that you can print the QR labels on your single label/thermal printer based on the attributes you've selected.
SINGLE LABEL PRINTING STEPS
- Select “Printer” - Printer type must be DYMO Labelwriter or other similar DYMO brand printers
- Go to “Page Setup”
- Select appropriate “printer” and “paper size”
- Paper size selected should be 30857 Badge Label
- Click “ok” and then press “Print”