While Sortly is designed as a cloud base software solution where connectivity is important for syncing between devices, we do understand that you may not always be in a location where internet connectivity is possible. When you are in a warehouse, basement, or off the grid, using the offline mode can enable you to use Sortly almost as if you were connected. Offline mode is only offered on our mobile apps at this time for both Android and iOS.
In this article, we'll walk you through how to use Sortly in a offline mode on our mobile apps:
- As a quick note here, using Sortly is a offline mode will only change the inventory levels on the local device at that time. Once you get connected to the internet wether that be WiFi, LTE, 5G, etc. your changes will be pushed to the server and will reflect on all other devices within your account.
To access offline mode, you will do the following:
- Start by opening the Sortly app (Download from Apple App Store or Google Play Store)
- Click on the 3 hashes at the bottom right corner of the app
- Click on the settings tab
- Then click on the Sync Inventory tab
- Here you will click on the Disable sync button (This will turn off syncing until reenabled) seen here:
You are now in offline mode. Once you are done with the job, you can re-enable sync and you will have your inventory changes begin to sync to to the server and reflect across all devices.
*Please note that when you disable sync, the app will only show the inventory as the time you turned the sync off. You may want to force a sync prior to turning the sync off.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.