Updating your inventory is simple to do using Sortly! You can either move items from one folder to another or change quantities. This will allow you to see what you have in stock, what you have given out (or sold), and who has it.
While you can change the quantity of the item, we recommend you move items between folders to reflect their movement in the real world. This can be performed on the desktop or mobile app using the app's built-in scanner.
Updating Your Inventory
In the example below, we will use two folders indicating available inventory and Inventory currently in use or rented out.
1. Start by creating folders called Available Inventory and Out/Jobs (or Rented Out if you are renting items).
2. When items are out or sold, all you need to do is select the relevant item and click the Move to Folder button
3. Choose what quantity of the item you want to move and then select the relevant destination folder you want to move them to.
Note: if you are moving the total quantity, you will get the option to leave "0" quantity of the item in the original folder.
Note: If you want to track items being given to specific customers or places, you can create sub-folders for each of those within the Out/Sold folder and move the items into the appropriate folder.
See examples of sub-folders below and read more about this here.
4. If you want to track and move items using QR codes or Barcodes, you can do so using the Quick Actions function on the mobile app. It works similarly to a check-out scanner at the grocery (but with a little more flexibility).
5. To update returning items, you can use the same process to move them back from the Out folder to your Available Inventory folder.
You can choose from a variety of reasons when you move an item on the web version of the app:
- End of Life (EOL)
- Inventory Count Adjustment
- Invoice Not Received
- Item Recall
- Out of Season
- Quality Control
- Return to Supplier
- Signed In
- Signed Out